If you are seeking a boat for professional or recreational fishing needs, you probably considered one of the many models offered by Lund Boats. And it’s no wonder that you did.
Being in existence for more than sixty years, Lund Boats are considered by most professional fishermen to be the premium manufacturer of fishing boats in the United States today.
It all started in the late forties when a man named Howard G. Lund from New York Mills, Minnesota made his first fishing boat made out of aluminum in his shop. Interestingly enough, Howard Lund didn’t set out to build a fishing boat from the start.
His goal was to make a boat suitable for duck hunting. Since he didn’t have enough money for any real advertising, Howard self-promoted his latest achievement by driving the boat around the town on the top of his car.
This caught the attention of a sales manager for the Inland Marine Corporation who quickly recognized the quality of Lund’s design and commissioned 50 similar vessels from him. Thus started the long journey of Lund boat company, which ended at the very top of the boating market.
Some of the most popular Lund Boat models are:
- Lund Fisherman – the staple unit, made out of fiberglass. It’s recognizable by it’s sleek and modern profile and is a popular choice for recreational fishing.
- Lund Pro V- which is built to be everything anyone might wish from a fishing boat and more.
- Lund Predator- it is characterized by its huge deck which enables the owner to cast nets and fish in all directions. Very popular with fishing cruise tour operators.
- Lund Tyee- it is another excellent choice for aspiring fishermen, especially if you plan to fish in rough waters. It also provides lots of cockpit room.
- Lund Explorer- it is another large boat with lots of storage room for rods and other fishing equipment.
- Lund Alaskan- which provides a unique amount of creature comforts for a fishing boat
- Lund Rebel- which provides open-able bench seats on the sides that reveal storage space for plenty of fishing equipment.
- Lund Classic Tiller- with its large raised platform on the bow, is designed for open seas.
- Lund Pro Sport- which lets you choose between an inboard or outboard configuration of the MerCruiserVazer 100 hp engine.
For each of the Lund Boat vessels, you can choose between several boat canvas setups. The choices are:
- Sportfishing Top set-includes a Bimini top and front and side curtains,
- Stand Up Top Set-which includes the camper back, side and top curtains,
- Custom Boat Covers- which are made according to your specific boat type and needs.
Lund has more than enough choices for the most discernible of boating and fishing enthusiasts. Your only job is to decide what type of Lund Boat best fits your needs.
Lund is renowned for being involved in more than a few fishing tournaments all over the United States and Canada. One of the most popular tournaments of that kind is the AIM Pro Walleye Series, and each year, Lund provides the main award for the winner.
You may also like to read